amberayemin

Is splitting my bathroom possible?

Amber
7 years ago

Hi everyone! I love the support on this site.

So my fiance and I are renovating our condo before moving in. the current bathroom is 8' W x 11.5' D. We were hoping to split it into a master bath and another full, separate. We would not have a tub in either bathroom, just a larger shower in the master. We are also hoping for a space to add a stackable washer/dryer in the hallway instead of having it inside the bathroom.

The hand drawn sketch is the closest estimate to how it currently looks (ratios are wrong). Space is not maximized and it's rather clunky.

We were HOPING to get it to something like the floor plan I created below, with the washer/dryer in their own space in the hall. The only difference would be no bathtub in the guest bathroom.

Do you think this is still possible with a bathroom that is only 8'X11.5'? Guest would just need to be tiny and usable- hallway access instead of a door in the bedroom. For the master, we are hoping for dual vanity and a shower large enough for us both. Thoughts? It really didn't feel big enough to add a washer dryer space AND split it into two, but I trust your expertise more than my own! Please help me!

Comments (11)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.