lee_thomas6929180

Exterior house colour - help!

Lee
7 years ago

For the first time ever, i had a go at painting the outside of my 1930s terrace house - the challenge was, and IS more than ever - is that it's the end of the terrace with a HUGE side wall open for all the street to see from 150m away.

I got some painters in while i was away to do the job, but that happy yellow i wanted is just way too happy and is a bit of a disaster all round.

My partner is very keen for grey, but not just any grey, a dark grey.

If we were mid terrace, i might be up for it, but end of terrace with a huge, windowless, sun soaked surface to cover, I think would be worse than the current sunflower yellow.

We both want something that isn't magnolia, and that will contrast with the white border base but i've lost my confidence in making a decision now seeing how difficult that huge wall is.

Perhaps a lighter grey? Heather?

See pics below, including a crude mock up i did with the idea of a grey front, and a white border on the side to seperate the grey from the incandesent yellow on the side, with the view of not redoing the entire side wall.

I think i'm going to have to do the front & the side, not sure that border idea is a good one.

Any suggestions will be greatfully received.

Comments (9)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.