veronika_lavey

Reusing the existing kitchen cupboards

Veronika Lavey
7 years ago
last modified: 7 years ago

Hi guys,

This is a new thread with old pictures.

Over the weekend we've had a chat to our builder who made us see that actually our cabinets are still in great condition with very solid hand-built carcasses and with some clever reshuffling of the units, a lick of paint and a new worktop, we could achieve a great update that wouldn't cost nearly as much as an entirely new kitchen.

My questions are, have any of you done this before? Any advice? Tips, tricks?

We are still taking out the wall between the breakfast room and the kitchen, keeping the floor and all the appliances. I have now taken off all the colourful tiles (even that makes a big difference!).

I am actually more excited about this project than was about the prospect of getting a new kitchen! :)

If you had any ideas, what colour we could paint the units, or how to reshuffle, we'd love to hear from you.

Thanks!

Veronika

Comments (29)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.