sarah_freisenbruch

Can we make these items work together?

Can I get these items to work together in my dining room / living room?

I am having this dining table made (310cm X 122cm). I like these chairs. Will either upholster them in a neutral hessian / linen fabric and paint the frames white, or upholster the seat in hessian and backs in pastel colour or paint chairs in different pastels and upholster all in hessian or different upholstery for each chair. I don't want a bright look, I'd like the table and chairs to be "soft" but don't want "identical chair" as want something a little "different" and I think too many chairs for them to be all the same. The picture of the multi coloured chairs is much brighter than ice go for - might just go for a palette of different neutrals rather than colours even. The lights would give a more definite pop of colour but may just stick to the more neutral colour light. I am going to need 5 of the medium sized lights. Not sure whether to have them all the same or 3 stripey and 2 plain (if I can find something to match it colour wise.

I do have kids so needs to be practical as we will be using this as our main table (hence me thinking of a neutral hessian /linen that I aphid once before and it was very hard wearing but natural looking.
I do want a pop of white in the chairs somewhere.
I am not exceptionally conservative (as you can tell) and like traditional with a "twist"
Do you think I can make this work ? Do you have any advice on how to make it work well? Chair colours etc. Whilst I was originally considering modern chairs, my husband wants comfortable chairs and I don't want fake leather.
Thanks

Comments (6)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.