circleautomation

Thoughts on Automated Window Treatments?

Windows are an integral feature in the architectural design of a building, in the lighting of spaces and in the impact of interior design. Dressing these windows should therefore be considered as an important element of the overall project implementation.

The great news is that there is so much that you can do with window treatments to complement varying architectural styles and personal tastes, as well as practical considerations.

Whole Home Automation - West Malling · More Info

Incorporating window treatments into an automated control system is a fantastic way to further enhance this element of home design. Blinds can be raised & curtains can be

drawn at the touch of a button, either from a wall mounted keypad or your smart device (you can even issues spoken commands to your control system).

A range of programming options can be set to carry out functions such as dropping the blinds if the room temperature starts to increase too much during a hot summer’s day, automatically raising the blinds when you get up in the morning, to automatically

pulling them when you watch a film.

In this recent project completed by Circle Automation, Lutron Roller blinds were installed into recesses in the main living areas of the property to keep the rooms as light and open as possible.

A technical screen fabric was selected to provide the client with privacy without restricting the views. Roman blinds were installed throughout the property. Many of the blinds had border details, drawing out accent colours and making them a statement item in the room.

To maximise light and not block the unique window arrangement in the Guest Bedroom, a shaped Silent Gliss track was installed. This allowed the curtains to be neatly stacked to the side of the windows. A unique leading edge border was added to the curtains as a design feature and to frame the windows.

...What are your thoughts on automated window solutions?

Comments (3)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.