0
Your shopping basket is empty.

Kitchen window treatment

cheddarmum
6 July, 2016
Just relocated our kitchen. Have 2 original window seats with large sash Windows. Do I reinstall shutters or Roman blinds? As can see from photos- it's a pale grey palette with blue island
  • cheddarmum
    Here's a shot from Windows
    OnePlan
    Wow ! It looks lush !!! I'd go for same blue as island Romans if it was me !
  • Sue Kelly
    Lovely kitchen shutters all the way for me I've just had them they look fantastic
  • judith_dickinson0

Shutters for me too

• Carolina
    I wouldn't do shutters here. Too many lines crossing. I'd go for light coloured Roman blinds. Beautiful space and kitchen!
  • msclelluk
    For me it depends where the light is coming from - if the light is from the top of the window go for cafe shutters - if not go for Roman blinds. Good luck - Gorgeous kitchen!
  • Daisy England
    Roman blinds for me.
  • Victoria
    Do you need privacy? Will you ever close whatever you put up?
    Reptile

Shutters every time - especially if you already have them. Just paint them that lovely blue and they will set those lovely windows off. Great at keeping the kitchen warm on Winter nights too.

• Carolina

Oh, hold on... You mean solid shutters, not the plantation type ones. Hmm... Still vote for Roman blinds to add some softness.

If you don't need them for privacy, (semi) sheer ones will be lovely.

LIVING ROOM · More Info
    Notting Hill Living room · More Info
  • Coco

I would go for translucent roman blinds.

• cheddarmum
    Thanks for the comments. They don't need to be closed for privacy as very high and we have large, private front garden. However, as very old sash Windows they can be cold in winter. Shutters would perhaps not be closed? I like the idea of the clear Roman blinds though. Maybe I should recover window seats in the island blue, or add some cushions?
  • E D
    Yes, add cushions.
    Also, your kitchen is truly beautiful but perhaps it could do with some colour accents.
    Some bright yellow maybe?
  • pannacotta

Some patterned, interlined roman blinds would look great, to add warmth in winter and some colour too.

Voyage and Romo fabrics worth a look, patterned but modern too. And you don't need much fabric for blinds so could go for something fancy.

Lovely kitchen.

• Victoria
    If draughty you could have thermal interlined Roman blinds to help keep it cosy in winter. You could have lightweight, more sheer ones in summer and just change the fabric for winter. They are easy to restring and the fabric usually attaches to the top baton using Velcro.
    Julie Sinclair Interiors
    I am a huge fan of shutters, but you couldn't appreciate those lovely Georgian style windows if you chose that option. Definitely some smart Roman blinds in a light fabric but probably trimmed with a darker blue to suggest a nod to your island colour.
  • cheddarmum
    This gives a better impression of the light. Does anyone know of a fabric that is a good colour match to Stiffkey Blue?
    Wood Window Alliance

Shutters for me - Roman blinds would obscure the top of the windows - they're fiddly, too.

Malcolm Duffin Design
    Here's a quick sketch combining wooden slatted blinds, grey with dark tapes to match your island on the inside frame , nice Roman blinds on the outside frame to soften and warm use a cool print to keep it up to date,big soft window seat cushions feather and down for luxury with some cushions to tie it all together! The kitchen should be treated like an entertaining space and feel that with delightful cabinetry it should be finished off in a tailored,bespoke and charming way without feeling old fashioned. Best regards Malcolm W Duffin

• cheddarmum
    Malcolm thank you! I love the big comfy seat and cushions - it's finding that perfect fabric combination ... Roman blinds on the outside I hadn't thought of - but would be a better width maybe.