hzdeleted_32508288

Carpet, coffee table and cushions advice

User
7 years ago

Hey Houzz community!

So neither this rug nor the red couch are going anywhere, but I am terrified to mix and match :(

Help please!

1) Coffee table - We're pretty sure that we don't want a rectangular one, but are there guidelines on what shape would work with a chunky corner chaise like this one? Should we stick to a square-ish one, or would a round one work (or would that be strange because there's a big, round skeleton clock close by, see second photo)? Since majority of the stuff we have at home is oak, should we stick to that or opt for a glass-topped one? What shape or style would work?

(Pardon the clutter and the misplaced art---all temporary. Still shifting a few boxes around! First photo is more representative... second one looks dark for some reason)

2) Cushions - I suppose I should place a few blue/cream cushions on the couch to tie it together with the rug... but what patterns should I use? As it is now, those scatters are too plain and boring for my taste!

I had a gander online and found some options... would any of these work?

If I do opt for printed blue cushions, should the cream one be plain?

Lastly, does anyone know of good leads on where to find nice abstract wall art to match (I'm a newbie), around London? Something to save up for in the future?

Thanks!

Comments (3)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.