aadams4251

1930s renovation - creating a modern retro vibr

aadams4251
7 years ago
I'm buying a 1930s cottage style house which needs a full renovation. I like geometric designs and art Deco therefore want to create a modern retro twist in the front room. I've bought a John Lewis Barbican leather sofa that reflects this style therefore want to design around it. it's a long room which is fairly dark despite being south facing due to a sloping front garden and trees that I'm planning to remove.

in particular there's a fireplace which I'm tempted to remove as had been built crudely with lots of bricks and slabs and dominate the room, or perhaps restore it by plastering over the bricks and polishing the copper hood???

will sand the original Parquet floor and hopefully find a light varnish to lighten the floor

was thinking of doing a feature wall using metallic silver geometric wallpaper to formally background to the TV and a retro 30s curvef white TV cabinet.... what do you think?

Comments (34)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.