cocora

Dark kitchen with high ceiling - Lightning ideas?

Coco
7 years ago

Hi all!
I'm about to start my kitchen renovation and I'm looking for some help in regards with the lights. I have a Victorian flat with high ceilings (3.4 mts high approx.) and the kitchen has a big window, but is north facing, so not much light coming though, really. Right now it has an ugly fluorescent light and during the day, every time I enter the kitchen I have to turn on the light.

The kitchen will be designed in U shape, with high cabinets to take advantage of the wall space (which could potentially hide more the light coming from the ceiling). I lived in a very VERY similar flat 2 years ago, same highness in ceilings, and U shape kitchen. That flat had the typical directional spot lights in the kitchen, and it drove me crazy when I was cooking at night, because the light was never enough.
I plan to add lights under the cabinets, but I wouldn't like to raise my eyes from the worktop and see myself in the darkness!

Any ideas welcome!!

Comments (11)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.