trudydudette

Any ideas on what to do with a large stair box in living room...

trudydudette
I was hoping for some ideas about what to do with the stair box in our new living room?

These pics are from when I first bought it 3 weeks ago. Since then I have took the cladding and light from above the box, stripped, plastered and painted the living room and sanded the top of the box, (I will take a pic tomorrow to show the rooms progression). The stair box is for the cellar and cannot be changed as is obviously needed to access the cellar. However, this is such an awkward thing to work with!? I'm absolutely lost as to how to incorporate it into my living room without it just looking like a random box? I did want to box it completely in with a false push click wall and use it as storage but unfortunately my DIY skills and time frame don't stretch that far ♀️ The room will eventually be used as a family room for 3 children, a dog and a gold fish; housing a 3 piece suite, table, chairs and a TV.

In short though and for the time being it has to remain as a very large box. If anyone has got any ideas/advice on what I could do with or to this, I would really appreciate your input.

Thanks in advance