stateofdelight

Help to redesign detached house

Ro
7 years ago

Hi there,

We are looking at this detached house in Surrey (UK) at 86 sq meters and would love to extend it to get more bathrooms (at least one bath + one WC), bigger master bedroom, an open plan kitchen and ideally a second reception room with bifold doors to the garden.

We have attached the original floorplan together with two potential options. Would love to hear from other users or professionals, what you would do with the space and what you believe is possible. If you have any ideas of costs, your input would be helpful.

For example, in example 1, the bathroom on the first floor has moved to a new location (currently it's conveniently located on top of the kitchen) - would this be a complicated project that would cost a lot?

We're also a bit concerned about natural light, as with the extension it would be far to a window from the centre of the ground floor.

Comments (8)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.