jonathan_lee27

Decorating a living room

J L
7 years ago

Hi everyone!

I just moved into a new apartment, was hoping to get some advice on how to complete my living room. It's not a large space, and while my furniture fits into the room, it was also bought for a very modern apartment, which this is not. I do like my furniture, but I'm not sure it "sings" in this new place. What do you think?

- I was thinking of getting a traditional persian rug to bring a more classic element into the space, and to pull in the blues and reds from my accessories.
- That black bookcase is actually my tv cabinet turned on it's side, I'm really not sure what to do with it.
- I don't want to drill into the brick wall. You can see that it has an off-center seam, which also an interesting challenge

- The "column" at the left corner was painted a deep copper color by the previous tenant. I like the idea of an accent color, not sure what I should consider.

thanks everyone!

Comments (21)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.