tr_hayes

Utility room, downstair WC, cloakroom - layout help needed!

Tom H
6 years ago

Hello!

I have had an extension built to provide a downstairs utility room/WC/cloakroom and a garden-facing living/dining room. It is nearing the end of the build and I'm having second thoughts about the planed layout of the utility room. I'd be interested to hear your thoughts before the floors go down and the plumbing becomes fixed.

The dimensions are 265cm long x 128cm wide. There is a boiler fitted to the wall on the right of door and a window (45cm x 80cm) at the end. The space from window to right-hand wall is 67cm.

I want to include washing machine (with possibility of adding tumble dryer on top), toilet, utility sink, and space for storing shoes and hanging coats.

The current plan is for a sink under window with cupboard beneath. The washing machine on the right corner and dryer on top. Toilet half-way along the right-hand wall with concealed cistern and built-in cabinetry to hide boiler and provide some storage. I'm wondering if the toilet would be better under the window and built-in sink cupboard on right.

Looking forward to hearing your thoughts!

Comments (14)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.