lovetta88

Extension and remodelling, ground floor, modest 1930s end terrace

mrs L
6 years ago

I am (trying to) plan a modest extension and remodel of the ground floor of my home. It is the dotted area at the rear. The idea was to flatten the existing outside WC, but im not fixed on this. If its useful for the plan to have the plumbing there, then so be it. It doesn't have to be one big space, we will have walls if necessary. I know everyone loves a massive kitchen/living area, but im not convinced we can get the needs of our family met by having one massive area. The budget for the building work is approx £50k (sterling). I have estimated £15K for the new kitchen. The existing kitchen units will be used if we can get a utility space. I have discussed this with a well thought of local builders who have given me an estimate of £35k for the extnsion, and £7.5k for the repurpose of the garage, so I feel I'm in the ball park budget wise. Please help me decide what to put where and how to divide up the space!

My brief is:-

• Single storey rear extension approx 8m x 3m (a bit of flex shape and size wise)

• change of use of garage to bring into everyday use as part of the ground floor

• bigger kitchen

• gain utility room

• gain downstairs shower room

• gain downstairs office which will have double use as occasional spare bedroom

Comments (22)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.