tamara_anne73

What to do with this dated fireplace... with a small budget

Tamara Anne
6 years ago

I am wanting to modernise this fireplace. It is in a downstairs livingroom/dining area. I haven't sorted out the floor but planning on having an oak laminate flooring. I am keen to keep the white walls.

My plan was to paint the rather outdated mahogany in a chalk paint. I was keen for a grey but having done a test sample of "flint" rustoleum chalk paint it has shown some horrendously yellow/peachy tones to the marble that I hadn't noticed before. Therefore I was considering using the hessian chalk paint which is more warm toned.

I have found some almost perfect curtains that contain a creamy/yellow but make it actually rather nice (in my opinion) Not sure which is better the cream colour or the grey tone curtain material.

I would be grateful for any suggestions.

thanks

:)

Comments (5)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.