leah_rodrigues

Living/dining decor advice needed please

Leah Rodrigues
6 years ago
Hi all,
I posted a little while ago with regards to this room and had some great suggestions with regards to accessories and design. This site is great and it's lovely to see people's homes transform so beautifully - hoping mine can do the same. It was decorated some years ago and I have a baby due in 8 weeks, I already had a 2 year old. The room is tired and dull with a couple of recent additions being the table and rug which my husband refuses to get rid of so need to be incorporated somehow.

One of the walls is being channelled out for pipe work leading to the new extension so it needs decorating and can't wait to be done later. I'll also be spending a lot of hours in here on mat leave so want a nice light and airy area to relax.. I'm terrible at choosing paint. I was thinking a nice grey/greige but I like light and airy so not sold on a dark paint. I would be open to a different shade to break up living/dining area though? Ok so main things I need help with initially..
1. Paint colour
2. Keep or lose curtains..
3. finding a dining table /bench that isn't too large for space. Been looking for months I was quite liking reclaimed or oak with metal legs but not sure it will tie in with current dark ugly coffee table.. then I thought maybe two tone white /dark wood.. any ideas and stockists welcome on both parts as I need one pronto!
4. Change fireplace or have a fake breast added.. may be difficult (and messy) as don't want to remove any of the solid flooring. Would a white cupboard either side look ok with no breast?
5. What to do with existing rug as was expensive and husband wants to keep(maybe under dining table but I'd like like to have a light soft one in living area?
6. Which sofa to keep or get rid of? Or keep both? Feels cluttered and I'm open to a supportive/comfy arm chair or two as would help with the hrs of feeding I'm expecting..

Here's a pic of dimensions from old sales pack.. if you imagine a backward. P. narrowing at dining end.. with patio doors that will lead to extension intended to be a play room..

Thank you

Comments (4)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.