alexa_raine

help! Where to put mosaic tiles in bathroom

Alexa Raine
6 years ago
Hi I need help! I have to make a decision today about where to put decorative mosaic tiles. they are 30x30 mother of pearl and each piece is very expensive so don't want to waste them. I have 5 tiles so far. I was thinking of placing them as splashback between sink and mirror - space is 1mx30cm. would this look weird if the rest if the times around are plain30x60cm tiles? another alternative is to extend the strip across the whole wall(2.40m) which would include a strip across the shower area. the height of the strip would be between 90cmand 120cm. I would have to order 3 more tiles to do that. another possibility is to have a strip of 15 cm instead of 30 cm. but not sure if that should begin under the mirtir, or above the sink - meaning where should the space be? situation is cmore compicated because neither the sink or the mirror are actually fitted - only have peoarstion and this measurements are not so accurate. below are the tiles and the "block"effect I am trying to achieve

Comments (15)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.