allisontrogdon

HELP!!! Which Blue Sofa Should I Buy???

Allison Trogdon
6 years ago

My boyfriend and I just moved into a Loft (pictured below), and we are in the process of buying a sofa. We have always chosen the "safe" route when it comes to buying sofas... you know, the creams, beiges, tans, grays. This time we are attempting to step out of our comfort zone and add the POP of color to our small, yet spacious place. We just recently sold our very large cream colored sectional because it overwhelmed our space, and it gave more of a farmhouse vibe, which is not exactly where our design strategy is headed. We are planning on an urban, mid-century look with some bold colors added for depth. We have decided on a Blue velvet sofa because blue is "neutral," right?? ;) We recently purchased a vintage persian rug (also pictured below) and we feel the blue will provide a bold pop, but will also look wonderful with the rug. We need help deciding on which sofa to purchase. We have three in mind and while they vary in price, their style is quite similar. We know this will not our permanent home, so we do not want to spend a ton, but we do like good quality pieces. We also need the sofa pretty quickly, because right now we have no seating, and well, it just doesn't feel like home. Any help or feedback would be appreciated. Let me know what you think.
Thanks, Allison

Our Apartment:

(the trunk is our temporary coffee table, and the sectional is now gone)

1.) Article Sofa - Sven in Cascadia Blue
*This is the most expensive sofa we have looked at, but the reviews seem good, and the quality seems to be excellent. Price is $1400 with shipping and tax, and it would be shipped in the next 3 weeks.

2.) Rosa Modular Sofa at Joss and Main

*This piece is way below budget at $569.99. We do not love the dark legs, but we know we can switch them out.We love the style, but the quality may not be as great as the Article sofa above. It could do the job for a while, and we know this place is not permanent. We afraid it may not be at all comfortable.

3.) Matilde Sofa found at InMod
*This sofa is very close to the Article Sofa, though we know if may be less quality. It looks comfortable, but maybe not as plush. We love the style and look of this piece, as well as the price... $869.00. The one downside is that it is on backorder, and won't be available probably until next month. :(

Comments (96)

Sponsored
United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.