angelavdavis

Replacing an existing raised patio with a basement room. What roof?

angelavdavis
6 years ago
It looks like we have managed to secure a lovely house in the perfect area for our family. However, in our existing home we have a kitchen/diner/family room and a separate lounge for myself and my husband. We have had to give up the lounge for my elderly parents so they have an annexe, so I am looking at replacing the existing raised patio with a basement level extension that would then be paved on top. I am unsure though what materials to use on the roof that would be strong enough to support a paved patio. I would be seeking to keep the stairs in the same place, but have a room that goes across the whole back of the house which would contain a lounge opening onto the garden and an office. The first image is the existing rear elevation, the other photos are similar ideas to my thoughts. Any ideas on roofing materials? Thanks in advance.

Comments (4)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.