kitchen_wardrobe

Top 10 Kitchen design tips.

Top 10 kitchen design tips:

The kitchen’s function has changed in recent years. Once a space designed primarily with food preparation in mind, the modern kitchen has become the centrepiece of the family home. The evolution of this room means that it’s commonly the area of the home we spend most money on. So getting it right is crucial.

1) Talk to a designer or sketch out the units and layout including; depth of cabinets as well as worktop height. This is an important stage as it will influence location of supporting steel, windows and doors.

2) Visit showrooms, read reviews and think about what kitchen style you want- contemporary? Traditional?... Thinking about this in early stages will avoid taking rushed decisions and overpaying.

3) While designing the layout of the kitchen make sure that there will be enough space for people to pass comfortably (usually space of around 1-1.5m).

4) Do your homework! Search about different materials that your kitchen can be made from (e.g. Chipboard? MDF? Wood?). This will help to get the best value of money as you will know what to expect.

5) Think what cabinets you had in the past, what did you like and more importantly- dislike about them. Make sure that you tell this to your architect/designer. This is an important step as you will have to live years with the new kitchen.

6) Start thinking about your wall colours, ceiling colours and flooring. This will help to pick cabinet colours as well as worktop.

7) When it comes to cabinet finishes, think about the future. Spray paint finishes are more durable and easy to re-spray. Wood finished kitchen cabinets will discolour in direct sunlight and this should be considered at the design stage.

8). Leave lighting to the professionals. There are many ways to illuminate your space and even more ways to do it badly.

9) Start thinking about a splashback; glass? Tiles? Colour? Texture?

10) Relax and enjoy your kitchen.

At A&S Kitchen Wardrobe we believe in putting quality first. Our range of Kitchens and Wardrobes are designed specifically with you, the customer in mind. We will call out and measure your available space, then discuss with you the best way to maximise it. Creating beautiful Kitchens and Wardrobes that will last and last. We never cut corners on quality.

Our kitchen offer:

-Professional measurements.

-Designing the kitchen (any style, any finish- over 3500 colours).

-Manufacturing the kitchen.

-Fitting kitchen (including first and second fix).

-Supplying and fitting worktops (over 120 stone worktops to choose from).

-Supplying and fitting splashback.

Are you thinking of having a kitchen or bedroom makeover? Why not contact us today! (last chance to have your project finished before Christmas).

Award: Best of Houzz Service 2017 - Client Satisfaction

Houzz: www.houzz.co.uk/pro/kitchen-wardrobe

Facebook: www.facebook.com/askitchenwardrobe/

Please tell us what you think about those 10 tips!

Your faithfully,

Patryk,

A&S Kitchen Wardrobe

Comment (1)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.