one22

Help me decide on my floor plan!

A B
6 years ago

We are in the process of buying a new home. Initially we had planned to carry on the rear extension further across the back, however as the extension is at an angle to the house (easier seen in the photo, as the floor plan isn't quite accurate), we would basically need to knock it down and start again, which we don't want to do.

We need a separate office/2nd lounge, a utility/boot room (thinking current kitchen for this), downstairs loo, a kitchen diner and a family room (which could be combined with the kitchen or separate). The kitchen needs to overlook the garden.

I'm currently thinking of moving the kitchen to the family room. The wall between the breakfast room and store is huge and we're going to leave it. It does make the breakfast room a bit of an awkward space though.

What would other people do? I'd love to hear your thoughts

(I am planning on employing a pro at a later stage)

Comments (36)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.