shauna_marie18

1970s farm bungalow renovation

Shauna Marie
6 years ago

Hello everyone,

I just thought I would share a few photographs of the progress we have made with our bungalow over the past few weeks. My aim is to continue to post updates over the coming weeks as everything is starting to 'happen' now with the mortgage being released etc.

The house has been lying empty on the family farm for 12 years, there are no signs of damp or any other concerning factors. That being said, we are completely ripping out the whole of the inside, remodelling the layout, new windows, new ceiling, new roof tiles, stripping the outside plaster etc. We are completely revamping the house. Our bank has decided to categorise our project as a 'new build' for our mortgage rather than a renovation job due to the large amount of work and changes.

Here is the bungalow before the build started. We levelled the ground around the house and dug the measurements for the footings to go in.

Here is the new extension of the house half way up. A new kitchen on the left of the house and a larger porch by the front door. Builders are expected back this week to finish.

If anyone has any thoughts or ideas please share as I would love to hear them! I will post further developments later in the week hopefully.

I hope everyone is having a great Tuesday, I am off to find some colour schemes for our kitchen and living room (I want whites and greys, he wants reds and oak which I HATE.... total disagreements!)

Shauna.

Comments (2)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.