colleen_osborne84

Kitchen flooring: engineered wood into wood effect tiles or grey

Hi,

We are doing a complete house refurb and will be putting engineered wood flooring throughout except for kitchen /utility/shower room on the ground floor. I had planned on putting wood effect tiles down but now I think the change from engineered wood to wood effect will look odd. My plan B is a grey concrete effect tile in the kitchen areas.

Do people think the grey tiles will be too cold looking? The kitchen is black and white with copper trim and I had thought the wood effect tiles would make it look a bit warmer.

I have small children, a cat and a dog so I'm fixed on tiles for the kitchen, just not the colour and style.

I've uploaded some of the kitchen plan renders to give an idea of the style and a pic of current grey tile frontrunner.

Thanks.

Comments (10)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.