cadburymisshape

Choosing tile colour for new kitchen

cadburymisshape
6 years ago

Hello and happy new year!

We're about to get our new Ikea kitchen installed but we still haven't chosen any tiles - I'm finding it really hard to visualise without the kitchen being in! We are having glossy white units with an oak laminate worktop. The problem is that they are doing the tiling the week after installation and we can't get a sample of the worktop for colour matching.... :( Seemingly all the sample kitchens I've seen (on here too!) have white tiles, but I'm worried that's going to be a bit too white!! I wanted to inject some colour into the room but without putting off future buyers (in a couple of years time....). All I've come up with so far is cream which is a bit tame. What do you think? Will it actually look good with the worktop/units? Our current kitchen has white units, dark wood worktop, terracotta splashback and floor and yellow walls.

Any suggestions welcome, many thanks in advance!

Manda

Comments (10)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.