claire_jones12

Help needed with new colour scheme

Claira Jones
6 years ago
We’re in the process of redecorating our main bedroom. Previously it had a very natural colour scheme of pale coffee and various hues of brown. For the new colour scheme I’d chosen a gorgeous palette based around sage green and olive (similar to photo below) to compliment our oak furniture and planned to reuse lamps and some accessories. The walls have been painted a neutral pale coffee colour and I intended to introduce the new colours in with a new headboard, ceiling lighting, curtains, throw and cushions.

So the new headboard that i’d ordered online arrived yesterday and it’s a much paler green than I’d expected. It has a bluey hue to it similar to colour below and sadly doesn’t go with the sage green / Olive scheme I had in mind. Due to its size, I can’t really send it back. I’m trying to pretend that I’m happy with it, as my partner already thinks that I’m overly fussey which I am!).

I’d really appreciate help to identify an accent colour to work with, preferably one I can live with and doesn’t involve blue!!

Advanced thanks!

Comments (14)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.