james_smith9413

Thought I was ready to get quotes....

James Smith
last modified: 3 years ago

Hey Guys

It's been a turbulent few months and having finally received planning permission, building control approval and finalised a kitchen design I THOUGHT I was ready to approach a few builders to quote me on my single story extension project. However I was just browsing online and came across an article that said I now need to prepare all of the following documentation before a builder will be able to give me a firm quote, some of which I really wasn't expecting! Most of it is logical, but I haven't a clue how to actually produce it...

• Building Control suitable drawings (got these)
  • Specification (got this from the architect)
  • Programme of works (don't have this?)
  • Cost framework (don't have and wouldn't know how to get one?)
  • Any site or time-specific issues (working hour restrictions, for example); don't have but no real restrictions other than common-sense stuff!
  • Agreed process for payment and valuation of works completed; don't have and wouldn't know how to produce this?
  • Planning permission compliance locked into the works (don't know what's needed?)
  • Any other legislative requirements
    locked in to the proposed contract; (don't know what's needed?)

Have I overlooked a stage of paying someone more fees to do this for me?! And do I need to get all this done before I invite some builders round to take a look?

Thanks so much.

Comment (1)