awildebeest

The worst kitchen layout ever

awildebeest
6 years ago
last modified: 6 years ago

I wondered if I could ask the Houzz Collective of design genius for any insight into my kitchen. My floorplan is attached - the only changes that we have made to date are too knock-through the front room to the kitchen and to move the sink to under the window.

One option we are considering is blocking up the door to utility and door to corridor from kitchen, installing door where current window is in kitchen and creating a utility room accessed from corridor with downstairs loo. This seems like the only way we can create a 'normal' fitted l-shape kitchen. OR am I missing something? Can we squeeze an island into current kitchen in front of range in chimney and keep door in current utility room and sink where it is. Or create a walk-in larder essentially under the stars somehow. I know it is a long-shot, but any ideas at all much much appreciated!!

Comments (10)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.