amberhylton

Composition dilemma for my new apartment old factory conversion...Help

Amber
6 years ago

Hi All, I am new to Houzz and loving it.
I have a dilemma...
Open plan living room/kitchen is 6.1 x 3.4m, please see mock up below.

I have found a great sofa at a good price, however, they have 2 available and I am wondering if I should buy two and have them face each other.
I thought that this would help define the living area as it is part of an open plan kitchen/dining/living space, however, that would mean that I would have to put the TV on the wall above the sofa on the left and not be able to have a TV unit (please see photos below).

My questions are;

1. Will two sofas in this space look/feel too heavy or use up too much space e.g I won't be able to have a TV unit etc for decor pieces etc
  2. Would having 1 sofa and additional occasional chairs take up just as much space as having the 2 sofas?
  3. Would having the TV mounted to the wall space above the sofa on the left hand side look odd (where would I put the Sky/tv box etc?
  4. Any ideas on what to do in the limited space I have for a dining area?

Any comments/suggestions and guidance will be much appreciated.
Thanks in advance,

Amber

Comments (21)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.