sarah_benkwitz

Layout for master suite, whether to include walk-in wardrobe

Sarah Benkwitz
6 years ago
last modified: 6 years ago

Hi everyone,

Can’t decide how to lay out our master suite with bedroom and ensuite in our extension, and whether adding a walk-in wardrobe would be cramped. Only things set are the external walls (8m long, 3.3m wide one end, 4.3ish the other end), 2 windows and door as shown. We want to keep it spacious, don’t want to get overexcited and cram too much in and lose the wow factor, though I had really wanted a walk in wardrobe. I also like the freestanding bath beneath the window. I’ve used open rails because I think this takes up less space but don’t know if this will cause a dust nightmare, although maybe no more than inside any other wardrobe. Here’s the space:

Here’s it with just 2 big rooms and wardrobes in the bedroom, but I’m not sure if this makes the bathroom TOO big and cold. Imagine there’s a door on the partition wall. Wall and furniture placement is approximate.

Here’s it with a narrow open rail walk-through wardrobe, which may feel too small.

Here‘s a square wardrobe and you can imagine a U shaped open rail and doors.

Open to all ideas and would be grateful for your contributions please! Many thanks!

Comments (8)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.