ana474

buying a fixer upper and need help!!!

ana474
6 years ago
I sold my home and decided to buy a fixer upper. Below is a photo of the home in its current state. It is definitely a beautiful mess. Built in 1973 amongst an entire neighborhood of mid-century modern architecture (very Palm Springs feeling), I would like to stick to the mid-century modern feel in landscaping and exterior look. Inside I am going for Hollywood Regency decor with black, white, and red decor in a luxurious formal feel.

I need advice on what to do with this landscaping and what would you do with the arched front? There is the arched wall and behind that arched wall it is about a 12 foot distance from the house which allows for a garden of some sort within that section.

To the left, not shown is a circular drive with an island leading to the side garage.

The overhead photo shows how the arched wall has wood beams connecting it to the house. I am really at a loss how to develop a mid-century modern feel and stick to something more formal.

I am in South Florida if that helps with decisions.

Comments (18)

Sponsored
United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.