esma7

Ensuite bathroom with reclaimed wood feature wall? Design help!

Esma
6 years ago
Hi everyone, would appreciate some advice and pointers please!
We’re currently having a loft conversion with an ensuite bathroom and are soon about to start on the bathroom bit. I’ve fallen in love with some reclaimed wood effect tiles that I thought to use as the feature wall within the shower, and tiling the rest of the bathroom with 2 complimentary coloured tiles, the darker for the floor and the lighter for the walls. To open the floor space I was going to use a 60cm vanity in dark wood to work off the darker hues in the wood tiles.

My desperate design questions I need help with are:

1. I wanted to use a round mirror to contrast the square sharp lines around the bathroom, can I make it larger or the same as the vanity, say like 60+cm? It would be more modern looking with in built LED as it would be minimalist and save on buying/installing separate lights and mirror

2. With tiling, I was wondering if I should tile one wall the same colour as the floor, to bring it together and stop a strip of colour effect in a small bathroom?? Or is that just a silly idea?!

3. Finally, any other design ideas that would take give the bathroom a wow factor would be much appreciated!

I don’t have an actual bathroom to help me visualise the space which is what is possibly hindering, but I’ve included the final plans and some photos of the tiles and mirror I plan to use if that’s any good..thanks so much!

Ps the sample tiles of the plain colours have more of a bluish grey and warm white feel which compliments the wood colour, which I don’t think come through in that photo

Comments (17)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.