keentolearn00

From multi-level garden to a better use of space

keentolearn00
6 years ago

Hello,

We have moved into a house with a small back garden which has got potential to be our little sanctuary. We just struggle to find any vision for it. The lawn area on the left of the photos is at an angle. There are other areas that are higher and lower than the main lawn.

The fence fell apart completely, so we are replacing it in the coming weeks and then painting it (possibly an inviting shade of beige or grey?).

The fence will run in a straight line along the left edge of the photo from where the old fence is still standing.

The raised bed with the washing line will be going to free up the space. We would like the brick mini-wall going down to the bottom to go too because we see no purpose for it (there is about 0.5-0.6m of lawn space being wasted between these bricks and where the fence will be). Unless you think the bricks are there for a specific reason? Could the removal of bricks cause structural ground issues?

At the bottom of the garden, where the lawn ends, there is a big step down to the triangular area where we want to put decking (with a table and chairs or table and benches) on top of the pebbles.

I would be very grateful for any ideas that we could implement ourselves, to make the best use of the space. Bench? Archway? Swing?Flower border? Leave the brick wall or remove it?

Thanks you for taking the time to read my post!

Comments (17)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.