fuggles17

Update or Replace Kitchen?

Fuggles 17
6 years ago

Had brilliant advice from you all before so I’m hoping that you will be able to help again.

We have a good sized kitchen in our cottage and want to have additional cupboards, new worktops, update appliances and have an extractor fan installed (problem with condensation). Having cupboards on the wall behind the cooker would hide ducting for the fan as well as providing extra storage.

The existing cupboards are solid with pine doors that I painted cream. My enthusiasm ran out before I got to the kickboards and side panels!

We are getting designs and quotes, however I am anxious that a total replacement could be bland, we could end up with MDF doors rather than wood as our budget is limited and this would be extremely wasteful from an environmental viewpoint.

However, if we stick with the existing cupboards but replace worktops and appliances and add top cupboards, there will be difficulty matching them and we could be paying almost the same and end up with it not looking that good.

I look forward to receiving your ideas and advice :-)

Comments (5)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.