emgoodfellow

External porch help

emgoodfellow
6 years ago
This is my fugly 15 year old house. We are planning a lot of internal changes for later this year and while we're on we'd like to have some kind of external porch put on. Trouble is we're so close to the cul-de-sac road and have such a tiny front garden, so it can't come out too far.

The garage is going to become a small single on the opposite side of the front door, and the garage will be converted and have 2 windows to match the bedroom above. The front will all be block paved or that new resin stuff laid when we're all done.

The front door is currently inset (not sure of the right wording) and some people with the same style house have just put another front door flush with the front brick work, that doesn't look good, so I'm thinking we need to come out a little bit. We seem to be in a wind tunnel, my Hoover is never away as bits blow in as soon as you open the door and as it's a good size hall I'm fed up having to hoover it umpteen times a day!

So, would an external porch look daft? If not, any ideas of styles oh brilliant houzers?

Comments (15)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.