sarah_louise29

Redesign/ reconfiguration ideas for 1900 2 bed semi

Sarah Louise
6 years ago
last modified: 6 years ago

Hi,

We are about to purchase our first house, it is a 1908 small semi, with ground floor kitchen extension done in the 1990's. Two bed (originally 3, but small bedroom sacrificed for upstairs bathroom). However, the bathroom is currently accessed via the second bedroom.

I would like to be able to access the bathroom without going through the bedroom as i feel this would put off potential buyers in the future.

This is the current layout. I've had a few (grand design-esque) ideas of my own ( turning the stairs 180 degrees) but fresh eyes maybe able to suggest something easier and better?

I am hoping to open up the downstairs too - so suggestions with regard to that would be helpful too. I want to turn the downstairs bathroom into a WC/ Utility room.

If the only real option is to turn the stairs 180 degrees and create a corridor along the internal wall - what kind of prices are we looking at?

Ideally i would like to go into the loft to create a third bedroom but i am not sure that is feasible, or if i have the budget. But might be an option in the future.

Thanks in advance.

Comments (13)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.