webuser_557113193

Door reconfiguration in medium sized flat

HU-557113193
3 years ago

Hi - we’ve just moved into a 2-bed Victorian conversion flat and we’re in the process of decorating and making a few changes throughout. One idea we had was to move some of the doors, or at least flip the sides at which they hinge ! Is it possible to tell from the floorplan whether this is a good idea ?

We were planning to switch the hinged sides of the lounge door and kitchen door. Does that make aesthetic / spatial sense ? We really can’t understand why they were installed that way in the 1st place - it feels a bit odd.

the other option we’ve discussed at length is to flip the hinges on the front door (which we’re replacing anyway alongside all the internal doors with reconditioned Victorian ones). I’m keen to keep the front door as is for easy access to the lounge & kitchen whereas my partner wants to ferry visitors into the hall upon entrance so that they take their shoes off (by hinging it on the right).

any comments from builders / architect / renovation nerds especially welcome

many thanks

charlie

Comments (11)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.