elizabeth_christopherson4966817

Four or five bedrooms?

Liza C
6 years ago

When our house was renovated five years ago we had a toddler. We would have had three really good sized bedrooms upstairs and we converted the in built garage to obtain a fourth as we have three children. However, the builders convinced us that we should add in a partition wall upstairs to divide one of the large bedrooms into two. This was done in a hurry with little thought. As our youngest child was little we crammed into one of these small bedrooms, leaving the room downstairs as a spare (with en suite)

We are so cramped upstairs and our youngest's bedroom, who has the room on the other side of the partition, also has a small, awkwardly shaped bedroom.

Should I remove the partition and claim back a large room? It would mean having one of the children or us move downstairs but now that they are older, this is definitely an option. My reservation is making the house a four bedroomed home, given that having a fifth may add value in the long run, but we are living here for a long while yet. It is a real luxury having a spare room, but it is used periodically. Advice and thoughts much appreciated.

Comments (6)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.