mark6689

Oak Tree Trunk Table project - How/Where to cut into slices

Mark Evans
6 years ago
last modified: 6 years ago

Hello.

This time last year, two neighbors and I got a contractor to remove a large Oak tree in our shared backyard. We were left with an enormous pile of wood. We left it on the front yard for a few days so anyone with some muscle could take it.

To my surprise, most of it was gone in one day.

I took some of the trunk and a few branches for my sister-in-law to make into tables.

All we need is to have them sliced into more manageable sizes. I have a table saw and access to other power tools. Unfortunately, this tree trunk is much larger than any saw I currently own.

I am looking for a lead on a lumber mill or saw mill that might be able to cut these into slices. I live in Bergen County New Jersey. We would be willing to travel if we must.

Thank you for the help. It's beautiful wood and I would absolutely hate to have to turn it into firewood.

Comments (15)

Sponsored
United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.