david_haydon

Help with kitchen layout

David Haydon
6 years ago

Hi all,

I wondered if I could get some advice on how to make best use of the space available in our kitchen area. The plan below shows a before and after of our downstairs area. We plan to take the dividing wall of what was our downstairs bathroom and our existing kitchen to make one big space at the back of the property. The room will measure roughly 5m x 3.1m.

I have tried my hand at a few online design tools and haven't really come out with anything I like the look of. I'm not sure whether to go L-shaped or U-shaped and I ultimately end up getting quite frustrated.

Some requirements we'd like if possible:

- An island (but not to the point where it's shoehorned in and isn't practical)

- A dining table. Rectangular. Perhaps 6ft long.

- Dishwasher and washing machine would need to be included in the design

The opening on the left will lead into the garden (decked area). The left half of the kitchen has a vented ceiling which we are looking to take advantage of.

I will be consulting the likes of Wickes/Howdens to get some designs drawn up but would like to know what people on there thought about the space and perhaps provide some inspiration (I am completely lacking in any sort of creativity).

Many thanks for the help.

David

Comments (38)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.