heather_bailiff

double oven? 2xsingle ovens? warning drawer? help!

Heather
5 years ago
Hello, just trying to plan the new kitchen and stuck on what oven space we should have.

I have 2x 600mm wide tall units in the new kitchen to house oven appliances + microwave (with the rest of the storage in these tall units used for storage of baking trays, casserole dishes, hopefully can fit magimix, kenwood chef and bread maker if space so it’s not on the worktop)

The only thing I know is that we need more oven space than we currently have (which is just 1 single oven -it’s a pain when trying to do Sunday roast!)

Combinations I am currently thinking of are either:

Double oven + microwave
2 x single ovens + microwave

But then I started thinking about warming drawers which would also be useful to have....

Our current single oven is perfectly sufficient apart from when e.g doing a Sunday roast, but I’m not sure we need the full oven space of 2 singles and probably a double oven would suffice? The only time of the year when I think a double oven wouldn’t be enough space is Christmas but it seems ridiculous to get 2 singles just for 1 day of the year.

If we do double oven + microwave + warming drawer then this will take up same amount of space as 2xsingles + microwave - does anyone have a warming drawer and are they useful?

The other question is should I split the appliances between the 2 units or have them all on one unit and the other unit for storage of above said items?

Thanks for advice!

Comments (13)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.