huntsmore

Before & After: Kitchen & Living Room Renovation in Notting Hill

Huntsmore
5 years ago

Huntsmore project managed the design and build phase of this open plan kitchen and living room in Notting Hill. The property was in a flat in a Victorian conversion close to Portobello Road which had not been renovated for some time. The client wanted to created a visually impressive open plan space that had a bar area suitable to entertaining and hosting parties.

Before:

The property was in a tired condition, featuring an unpractical ‘mezzanine’ storage section and stairs leading up to it. This was one of the first things to be removed. In its place, a large tower unit was built with a steel framework to create a large ‘pass-through’ area serving as the bar. The tower unit also incorporated a wine cooler in the base.

After:

Talbot Road · More Info

Talbot Road · More Info

The kitchen was hand-painted by Huntsmore to match the rich blue colour on the walls.The electrics and central heating were all overhauled, with gun-metal column radiators installed.

Bespoke cabinetry either side of the existing chimney breast built to pack in as much storage as possible. Period features were also reinstated, with Huntsmore sourcing the marble fireplace surround as well as the plaster coving that were installed throughout. The original flooring was retained, with hardwearing floor paint applied to give the rich contrasting colour.

Scroll down to see more of the finished space!

Talbot Road · More Info

Talbot Road · More Info

Talbot Road · More Info

Talbot Road · More Info

Talbot Road · More Info

Comments (13)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.