rebecca_wilson2509398

Victorian Semi - Kitchen Renovation Help & Advice Needed!

Rebecca Wilson

We would like to make some changes to our kitchen / lounge area to make an open plan space.

With the current layout the lounge and conservatory are rarely used.

I've attached a floor plan of our current and proposed layout.

We are looking for suggestions /improvements / critique of the proposed plan.

I know the kitchen is a small area and ideally we would have a dining table in front of it.

Would a kitchen look ok in the small area? I will keep the sink, washer/dryer in the utility. Would I be able to fit a sink in the kitchen? What about an island or breakfast bar? Sorry but I'm having trouble visualizing the new layout and if it would work.

I'm also wondering about an entrance as some visitors do currently come through the back kitchen door, I wouldn't want them walking through my utility room to get in the house. There is a window on the same wall as where the Bi Folds are, this has been an entrance at some point and bricked up.

Would a door work on the extended wall from the garage to the bifold doors? BiFold or french doors?

Lastly I'm thinking maybe having a folding door to be able to partition the lounge so the kids can watch TV / have friends round. Or do you think the space is too small to warrant the doors?

Argh! Help Please! TIA x