esma7

Light or darker blue feature wall in hallway?!

Esma
5 years ago
Hi all, would love some advice or ideas on my current project.

We have a funny shaped landing area on the first floor that has a small cubby to lead off into a bedroom. Previously there was no natural light to this area but now we have just converted the loft, there is some natural light coming through the roof window, mostly onto the loft stairs but does reflect into the hallway.

We’ve also just painted this area in a soft light grey, polished pebble by Dulux but wanted to create a stronger colour on this back wall to bring it out. Otherwise the place looks bland, although it did have an airy feel to it with the soft grey, pre-feature wall sample splashes.

My dilemma is, should I go dark like the paint sample I’ve done on the lower part which is denim drift by Dulux, or lighter as in the paint above which is driftwood blue by Valspar. The reason for the blue is that the carpets will be changed to a pale blue shade and I thought I would create some harmony by using a blue colour palette. Or should I scrap the idea altogether (although really want to bring some interest to this place!)

I did try a deeper blue (sapphire salute by Dulux) but it was a wrong tone to the grey and too in your face.

I’ve taken a few photos from different angles and a photo of the loft stair wall with how the grey paint looks in natural light (please excuse the mess!). Would love some advice!!

Comments (8)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.