kieran_fewz

Really don't want to mess this up!

Kieran Fewz
5 years ago

Hi everyone. I could really do with some advice! We have embarked on a relatively large single storey extension which has given us a room roughly 8m long x 6m wide. Our plan is to have an open plan kitchen/living/dining area which we didn't want to feel cramped.

I'm a bit concerned that our layout isn't making the best use of space and wondered what people thought. I've attached two pictures showing our proposed layout and a blank floor plan. A few doubts we are already having:

1 - the space between the units in the kitchen might be too big (roughly 1.9m)

2 - The kitchen island/peninsula is too long (3.6m) and too wide (1.3m)

3 - The living area isn't really giving us the open space we thought we would have

The top of the picture is the access to the garden. This will be bi-fold rather than french doors. Our hallway and main access to the room is at the bottom of the picture. The door on the right hand side leads to a utillity.

Any advice/opinions would be greatly received. I really don't want to regret this when it's finished!

Thank you!

Comments (11)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.