tony8795

Kitchen Layout - space requirments for bench & ideas

tony8795
5 years ago

We had removed an Alno kitchen and dry-fitted another brand in the reception room, the experimental position did not work. The final kitchen is going in the 5.75 mtr extension with an island in front and a bench against the other wall. A separate lounge area will be created, this will be in addition to a new quiet /yoga room in the front room.

Some questions / observations if you could help, comment please.

Q 1 – what is the ideal width area for wall seat, bench and chairs – we have 2.4mtrs available before we hit the island seating area

Q 2 – in this plan, are island seats really required ? The island (3x0.9 mtr) is desirable as a working area,

Observation 1 – I am not keen on tall pull and swings and wanted low units against the wall, my wife loves the p/s units, I can see why as the present their contents when you open them, each unit is the same as having 3 base units. Are there any other options other than wall units ?

Observation 2 – we are getting rid of the double oven unit in preference to base oven units.

Observation 3 – could the slim A-F/F be placed next to bench, it may look silly with new flooring / deco / kitchen. We are okay to lose this F/F in preference of low integrated fridges & freezers - these are shown in the sketch.

Observation 4 – The outside utility is almost ready to accept doors but the WM & Dryer will now be kept inside with a decent unit built around them. We may put doors to outside utility next year.

Observation 5 – the extractor is new but we are ditching it in preference of a slim line hood

Some pictures before we start on the new kitchen fitting...

Comment

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.