webuser_57939875731

is removing a kitchen door against fire regulations?

Susi Knightwell
5 years ago
The design of our new flat has a kitchen door opening in front of where the fridge is (circle 1), which I can already see is going to drive me mad. We could rehang it to open the other way I think, but my preference would be to remove it altogether. It’s not a fire door, but is the only door separating the kitchen from the downstairs hallway and front door (circle 2). The bedrooms are upstairs and so the exit route would be down the stairs and out the front door. Obviously we’d take precautions such as having fire extinguishers upstairs, and our top floor opens on to the building’s flat roof, but I’m more concerned as to whether removing a kitchen door is a) against regulations and b) would negate home insurance. Anyone got any advice?

Comment (1)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.