cornwallsharon

Move kitchen into middle reception?

cornwallsharon
5 years ago

On a previous post someone had suggested to me that I move my kitchen into my dining room and opened up the current kitchen and rear sitting room for a dining / living area. I’d dismissed it at the time but now wondering if it’s not a good idea after all. Has anyone lived in a house with that layout? Is it odd? More worried about how it'll work for us than resale appeal, although clearly don't want to make the house impossible to sell either. Dining room is 3.5 x 3.5. Could investigate removing the remaining wall between the dining room and kitchen to make it one larger dog legged room, and possibly put a breakfast bar there instead. The plan makes it look as though that wall is very small when actually it’s probably closer to 2m across.

There is currently no access to the back from the hall, that’s blocked, you have to walk left through the dining room, so we'd need to consider the best way to access it all

Comments (3)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.