tatutulip2006

quick makeover for our 1940’s hallway.

Melody
5 years ago
Hi everyone,
I live in a 1930’s semi house and our hallway hasn’t been decorated for 12 years. Although it might not look too bad in the pictures, the colour we chose at that time (Farrows Cream -F&B) wasn’t ideal for a busy house with two kids.

To cut story short, we plan to extend our kitchen etc in the the next year or so therefore, we aren’t prepared to completely renovate the hallway as we will probably have to do that anyway once the extension work is done etc so for now we would love to give it a quick makeover, just to freshen up the walls and woodwork (the colour we choose has to work with the carpet, curtains, mirror and ceiling lights we currently have).

I particularly like the colour inchyra blue and Hague blue from F&B and my gut feeling says it wouldn’t clash much with the curtains, carpet... not too mention that maybe they would be more child friendly... Am I wrong?

The photos were taken this morning (it’s a dark gloomy day I’m afraid) but the hallway gets a lot of light most of the day as it’s south facing.

Would it be a mistake to add dark colours to the wall? The other half also said we could maybe use one colour on the walls and a different one on the wood panelling area for example. Any ideas appreciated!

Thanks! :-)

Comments (12)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.