0
Your shopping basket is empty.

What wallpaper for my dining room?

Gerty Werty
17 August, 2018
Weve recently extended and have a u shaped living room / dining room. Currently all very neutral with white walls but would like to incorporate some wallpaper in the dining area. But we do have a bold fireplace in the lounge area...so what could i have? I do love flowers but not sure if they would work at all here...? I would love to bring a hint of femininity to the room somehow.
  • Gerty Werty
    Would any of these work...or are they too busy? You wouldnt see the fireplace and the paper at the same time from either room.
  • Emily
    Gerty I don’t like being Debbie downer but I think a floral paper would not be good. The granite plus your amazing views are the stars of your place. Anything else should be supporting actors if you know what I mean. A paper that adds abstract pattern might work though? Honestly just saying your place is amazing.
  • Gerty Werty
    Emily thankyou... well that was my gut feeling too!!! Sometimes its always best to go with that i find!!!
    colourhappy

I would be tempted to pick out a colour from the granite rather than a wallpaper. It can seem a bit permanent which is risky in such a statement room.

• Gerty Werty
    thankyou colourhappy. i have been thinking the same. i will get some paint samples ans get experimenting.
  • Carolina

I kind of agree with colourhappy, but... I can also understand your desire to have pattern on the wall and to add a feminine touch.

What do you think of something like this?

https://www.johnlewis.com/zoffany-phaedra-medevi-wallpaper/vintage-copper-zpha312611/p3055207

• minnie101

I also agree with colourhappy however I do quite like the paper Carolina chose and depending on what else is in the room you could use the "nude" colour in the background for cushions. Personally if you wanted wallpaper though I would go for something natural and textured like a grasscloth although not strictly feminine!

• minnie101

Or something like a polisher plaster, tadelakt etc which come in a range of colours

colourhappy

Yes that wallpaper is really nice.

• Carolina

I think that the silver version would work too.

• Gerty Werty
    minnie101...I love that paper. What is the brand pls?
  • minnie101

Hi Gerty. It's actual polished plaster on the chimney breast. You can get wallpaper effects though, I will have a proper look later but here's a link to one. You may also be able to find someone locally who can apply tadelakt, polished plaster etc. I was very surprised to find 2 trades people close to me, not that I've had it done yet!

https://www.selectwallpaper.co.uk/browse/des-Plaster-Effects-19/

NB Interiors UK

Hi Gerty, I would definitely recommend a neutral textured wallpaper if you didn't want to just paint the walls either side. Harlequin do some really nice ones that would work against the busy fireplace. Or you could use on another wall and paint either side of the fireplace, hard to say for sure without seeing the whole room.

This has a slight plaster affect which slightly emulates the pattern in the fireplace...

This one is a metallic texture which could look really nice...

This shows how the textured wallpaper will look but I would stick to a neutral colour...