bobchalmers

Wood in living areas and carpet in bedrooms, but what to have in hall?

Richard G
5 years ago

Hi,

I've got a bit of an odd layout to my house but gradually we are getting it to work. We are just at the stage now of putting down flooring and we want wood flooring in the main kichen diner living space (denoted with the pinky colour), we have another slightly elevated living space which we are going to carpet to differentiate the two areas. We would also like carpet in the bedrooms for comfort.

We do however have a slightly unusual entrance way and due to the layout the shoes and coats etc are stored on a wall a little distance from the door.

I was trying to decide is the narrow hallway to the bedrooms should perhaps be carpeted, if the main entrance hall and bedroom hallway should all be wood or if i could maybe introduce a bit of tile also for when coming in with dirty shoes?

I'm just a bit confused as to the best option, my instinct is to have wood all the way through with maybe a small square of tile in the porch and we will just have to deal with dirty shoes moving from one side of the entrace hall to the other but i was just curious what others thought?

Many thanks for your time

Comments (5)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.